As promised some screenshots from some partially working new demos:
Tuesday, January 13, 2004
Monday, January 12, 2004
Over the weekend, I added more opcodes to the processor emulation; roughly 90 out of 250 are now emulated. I fixed a daft bug with regard to the negative flag in certain instructions (actually cause by a typo). I also corrected the JML absolute long instruction. I did a little bug fixing on the video emulation, and now tiles with higher colour depths are decoded correctly. Following that, I implemented controller emulation.
The result of this work is that a bunch of new demos are working, or partially working. I'll post some screenshots later.
Thursday, January 08, 2004
Well, a very long time without an update, but I've been busy programming games at work and drinking too much over Christmas. Still, some progress has been made. I've added a load of CPU opcodes, fixed the usual range of silly bugs that come with starting an emulator from scratch and implemented interrupts (see the Hello World demo below). As a result, a handful of simple demos now work.